The social-information institution “TimeAct” is a non-governmental non-profit human rights organization registered by the decision of the Minsk City Executive Committee on December 26, 2016. The idea of creating an institution belongs to Nikolai Autukhovich, an entrepreneur, a human rights activist, a political prisoner in the past. The founder and director of the organization is Vasily Zavadsky, a doctor who has almost 25 years of experience in the Belarusian penitentiary system. Our mission: we work to achieve justice and equality for everyone before the law. The goals of the “TimeAct” institution: assistance to citizens in the protection of their rights and legitimate interests, enshrined in the universally recognized norms of international law and international treaties of the Republic of Belarus, as well as the Constitution and legislation of the Republic of Belarus, raising citizens’ awareness of their rights and obligations, and promoting the development of a democratic society , the implementation of the principles of the rule of law. Tasks of the “TimeAct” institution:
- assistance in preventing human rights violations;
- collection and analysis of information on the observance and protection of human rights, informing state bodies and the public about the situation in this area;
- informing citizens about compliance with their legitimate rights and interests and opportunities to protect their rights and interests in the event of their violation;
- the provision of social services to citizens on the protection and restoration of their rights, including information, counseling, assistance in solving emerging social problems;
- assistance in providing legal services to citizens in accordance with the law;
- organization and holding of seminars, symposia, conferences, other necessary information and educational activities dedicated to the protection of the rights of citizens;
- development and implementation of programs and projects aimed at achieving statutory goals;
- assistance in the formation and development of ties, including international ones, in the sphere of activities to ensure and protect the rights, freedoms and legitimate interests of citizens;
- preparation in accordance with the legislation of proposals for the development of legislative and other normative acts in the field of human rights protection;
- popularization of the institution; strengthening the material and technical base of the institution.
The subject of the institution’s activities is social, informational, educational, consulting, practical activities aimed at achieving the statutory goals and implementing the objectives of the institution. At the present stage of its activity, the “Time Act” concentrates on protecting the rights and legitimate interests of people in prison, as well as the staff of the penal system.